Life can indeed be tough sometimes. We live in a world filled with distractions, and if you aren't getting enough rest, good food, and exercise, it can be hard to keep your head on straight.
Meditation is likely something you've been recommended to try to maintain mental equilibrium and stress resilience. But did you know that supplementing your meditation with cannabidiol (CBD) can increase its efficacy?
These days, the relationship between CBD and mindfulness practices is trending - and for good reason! This combo is perfect for burnt-out professionals, athletes, students, travelers, busy parents, and anyone who needs to unwind and restore their inner calm.
CBD and Meditation: What’s the Connection?
CBD and meditation are a perfect match. Here's why:
- Anandamide is a neurotransmitter that your body makes on its own. It's "on-demand," meaning your body doesn't manufacture it constantly or store it for later use.
- Scientists have found a correlation between elevated amounts of anandamide and high levels of happiness and decreased cortisol, which helps to regulate the body's "fight or flight" response. The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is always at work to maintain a state of equilibrium in the body and mind, and this neurotransmitter is a critical component of this system.
- The lack of endocannabinoids in the body has been linked to chronic stress. CBD increases the body's supply of anandamide by blocking an enzyme that breaks it down. CBD also signals to the ECS to increase the production of the chemical.
Therefore, taking CBD before meditation can help you achieve mental equilibrium faster. When you put your mind in a state of flow, your body creates more of the feel-good chemical anandamide.
In other words, CBD helps you achieve mental peace quicker - that's why CBD and meditation are perfect together.
How to Use CBD Oil for Meditation
Ready to add CBD oil to your daily meditation routine? Here are some options to get you started:
- Take Verma Farms CBD oil in drops under the tongue and hold for up to 60 seconds before swallowing. By going directly to the blood vessels under the tongue, the CBD oil will be absorbed directly into the bloodstream without going through the liver's first-pass processing.
- Add drops of CBD oil to your morning drink, whether that’s coffee, juice, tea, or a smoothie.
- Apply CBD lotions and creams to areas where you feel pain or inflammation. CBD can help alleviate pain and tension, and can also be a helpful way to prepare the body for meditation.
- Take CBD capsules which provide a consistent dose of the compound in a form that is easy to take alongside your daily vitamin supplements.
- Eat Verma Farms CBD gummies if you're looking for a sweet and tasty method to get your daily dose of CBD. They’re convenient to have on hand and use whenever you need a little more CBD power. Just make sure to wait around 40 minutes after taking them before beginning meditation.
What can CBD and meditation do for your life?
If you want to stay true to what's best for you in the long run during your job hunt, it's important to have a firm grasp on what you're looking for in a new role. For instance, is it a work-life balance or a leadership role? Being fair to yourself throughout a career transition is crucial because finding a new job requires strength and clarity.
Clarity can be attained through meditation. If you practice mindfulness, you will find that you are more assured in your decisions, at peace with your choices, and more compassionate to others and, just as importantly, to yourself.
Start a business
Without a clear vision for the future of your company, you run the risk of falling into the 90% that never make it past the startup phase.
Meditation will help you better deal with stressful situations and develop your confidence. Even if it's hard to picture, meditation will help you deal with challenging clients and perform well in meetings and public speaking engagements.
Transform old habits and restore your focus
You can replace your habitual, reactionary actions with more purposeful, attentive ones through meditation. If you put in the effort and see positive results, you will naturally make mental health a top priority.
One of the many benefits of meditation is its ability to restore focus after periods of mental distraction. Mindfulness meditation has been shown to enhance focus and judgment, according to a 2016 study from Carnegie Mellon University. As your focus and clarity improve with practice, you find it easier to complete tasks and make decisions, simplifying your day-to-day.
Improve your mood and outlook in life
Meditation can lower cortisol (the stress hormone) levels, helping you feel calmer.
More than 200 studies of mindfulness meditation in healthy people were reviewed in 2013, and the results showed that meditation was an effective technique to lower stress and boost mental health.
Ten minutes of peaceful solitude will seem like an eternity if your mind is racing with anxious thoughts and concerns. The use of CBD oil to treat anxiety has been shown in studies to have direct effects on blood pressure, leading to shallower breathing. As a result, your parasympathetic nervous system is activated, bringing in a state of inner peace conducive to meditation.
Enhance self-esteem and self-awareness
Meditation will help you learn more about yourself and the potential you have since it causes you to slow down, fosters introspection, and opens the door to new perspectives.
Researchers at Stanford University found that those with social anxiety benefited significantly from practicing mindfulness meditation. According to a study published in the Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy, 14 people with a social anxiety disorder reported feeling less anxious and having higher self-esteem after two months of meditation training.
Combine CBD with Meditation and Change Your Life Today
There are many ways to boost your wellness and meditation is key to achieving a healthy mind and body. If you want to reap the full benefits of meditation, CBD is a perfect match. CBD's interaction with your body's ECS is what makes it so effective for relieving pain, stress, anxiety, and inflammation.
Those who meditate first thing in the morning or last thing at night can reap CBD's complimentary benefits and change the way they live.