CBD in food is nothing new. Celebrities like Jennifer Aniston, Kim Kardashian, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Kristen Bell swear by the potential benefits of this hemp-based product. It can be added in drinks like coffee without affecting the taste or smell.
It has long been touted for its calming effects and relaxing benefits. People who drink their coffee with CBD have reportedly experienced better energy levels and less anxiety or restlessness. Students, athletes, avid gym goers, people who have a hard time sleeping with chronic pain, new moms and dads, and people with anxiety can take advantage of the benefits
The effects are shown to be cumulative, rather than instantly noticeable. This is why it is encouraged to be consumed over longer periods as part of a wellness routine for a more noticeable effect.
Let’s take a look at how CBD and coffee can be taken and how to find the best available CBD in the market today.
Types of CBD products you can add to coffee
CBD Oil and Coffee
The Verma Farms CBD Oil in natural flavor is one of the most common types of CBD that you can safely and easily add to your morning cup of coffee.
CBD Oil usually comes with a liquid dropper. One to two drops of any CBD flavor is enough to give you the energy you need without the jittery feeling.
CBD Isolate and Coffee
CBD isolate is usually in powder form that you can use for hot or iced coffee. It is usually flavorless and odorless. You don’t have to worry about any change in taste or texture.
Pre-Made CBD Coffee
With the rising popularity of CBD, it’s not surprising to find pre-made CBD coffee on a supermarket shelf. CBD is infused after the bean roasting process. It can be sold as beans or ground coffee by your favorite specialty store.
CBD-Infused Sweeteners or Creamers
CBD-infused sweeteners for coffee are typically made by infusing CBD extract or CBD isolate into a sweetener, such as sugar, honey, or agave syrup.
CBD-infused creamers for coffee are similar in concept, but instead of sweeteners, they are typically made by blending CBD extract or CBD isolate with cream or non-dairy alternatives, such as coconut milk or almond milk.
How to make French Press Coffee with CBD
French press coffee is a straightforward process where you can add CBD. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Coarsely ground coffee beans
- Hot water
- French press (also known as a plunger or press pot)
- Verma Farms CBD Focus Oil or CBD-infused sweetener (optional)
- Milk or cream (optional)
- Measure out the desired amount of coffee grounds for your French press. As a general guideline, use about 1 ounce (28 grams) of coffee for every 16 ounces (473 milliliters) of water.
- Heat water to the appropriate temperature. The ideal water temperature for French press coffee is around 200°F (93°C). Boil the water and then let it sit for a minute to cool slightly.
- Add the coffee grounds to the French press.
- Slowly pour the hot water over the coffee grounds in the French press, saturating all the grounds. Stir the mixture gently with a spoon to ensure even extraction.
- Place the plunger on top of the French press, but do not press it down yet. Let the coffee steep for about 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, press the plunger down slowly, separating the coffee grounds from the liquid. Press down until the plunger reaches the bottom of the French press.
- Add CBD oil or CBD-infused sweetener to your brewed coffee at this point. Start with a low dosage and adjust as per your preference.
- Pour the brewed coffee into your cup and enjoy! You can also add milk or cream to taste if desired.
How to find the best available CBD for coffee
CBD is extracted from hemp plants in different ways. These ways include CO2 extraction, ethanol extraction, and solvent-free methods.
The extraction method is important in choosing the right CBD oil to add to your coffee. CO2 Extraction is currently the gold standard in CBD extraction. It is the cleanest and most efficient method because it doesn’t leave residue behind.
This means CBD oil derived from CO2 extraction and added to coffee tends to be flavorless and odorless. It will not affect your coffee-drinking experience.
You might also be interested in CBD-infused cocktail recipes here → or learn more about how Verma Farms ethically sources its organic products for the best CBD experience for you.