There’s nothing more refreshing than sitting outside on a hot summer day with one of your favorite drinks. You can make the experience even more delightful by adding a few drops of CBD oil to your favorite beverages.
Whether you’re a cocktail or mocktail kind of person, a CBD-infused drink will have you feeling nothing short of amazing. CBD offers all sorts of therapeutic benefits, including lowered stress and anxiety, reduced inflammation, and an uplifted, calm mood.
Keep reading for three CBD-infused drink recipes that are sure to become your favorites this season.
CBD Cold Brew Citrus Iced Tea
Nothing screams summer more than iced tea. We’ve taken things up a notch by making cold brew tea, which is super smooth and perfect for slow sipping. What’s better than sitting out with your favorite book, enjoying a cold glass of iced tea? This beverage is sweet, citrusy, and is sure to keep you cool on a hot summer day.
- 2 black tea bags or 2 teaspoons of loose leaf tea
- 12 ounces of water
- Citrus fruit (sliced lemon, lime, orange, or grapefruit)
- Sweetener of choice
- Fresh mint leaves
- CBD oil
- If using tea bags, cut the corners off and pour into a pitcher.
- Add 12 ounces of room temperature or cold water.
- Cover the pitcher and refrigerator for at least 8-12 hours.
- After steeping, strain the tea using a fine mesh sieve.
- Discard the tea leaves and return the tea to the pitcher.
- Add a few slices of your favorite citrus fruit.
- Sweeten using sugar or your preferred sweetener to your desired taste.
- Add a few drops of CBD oil. We highly recommend Verma Farms Mint or Lemon Lime.
- Serve with ice and a few fresh mint leaves.
Watermelon Strawberry Lemonade CBD Cocktail
What’s more refreshing than watermelon strawberry lemonade on a hot sunny day? This CBD-infused drink will keep you cool while making your taste buds have a little party.
Not only does this drink taste good, it's good for you! Watermelon is refreshing and a natural source of water, vitamins A, B6, and C. The fruit is also high in lycopene, antioxidants, and amino acids. Strawberries provide an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese, as well as potassium and folate.
1½ cups diced watermelon (seedless preferred)
1 cup fresh strawberries, destemmed
¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
Verma Farms CBD oil (we recommend Strawberry or Watermelon)
3-4 fl ounces of vodka (optional)
- In a blender mix watermelon, strawberries, lemon juice and honey.
- Add a few drops of CBD oil and then blend on high speed.
- For the mocktail version, omit vodka. Otherwise, add 3-4 fluid ounces of vodka to the puree and then blend until well mixed.
- Pour into glasses and serve with a lemon wheel.
CBD Peach Hibiscus Cocktail
If you're planning a summer get-together and want to impress your guests, or if you simply want a drink that is perfect after a long, stressful day, this is one to consider. CBD Peach Hibiscus Cocktail is light, floral, and fruity. Just a few sips will have you escaping to a tropical paradise, even if just in your mind!
Hibiscus tea is not only flavorful, it's packed with antioxidants and other health-boosting compounds that may lower blood pressure levels while also improving liver health. Fresh peaches are soft and juicy during the summer. The fruit also offers plenty of vitamin A, vitamin C, niacin, folate, iron, and other nutrients.
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 1/2 cup loose leaf hibiscus tea
- 1/2 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1/2 ounce of hibiscus tea
- 1 1/2 ounces of peach juice
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 ounces of vodka or rum
- Verma Farms Peach or Mango CBD oil
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Peach slices, for garnish
- Prepare the hibiscus tea. In a small saucepan, boil 2 ¼ cups of water.
- Add loose leaf hibiscus tea and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Strain tea and discard tea leaves.
- Add sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Place tea in the refrigerator.
Once the tea is chilled and completely cold, it’s now time to make the cocktail!
- Combine tea, vodka, pineapple, and peach juice in a cocktail glass.
- Add ½ cup of ice and stir.
- Add a few drops of CBD oil (the amount is at your discretion!)
- Garnish with mint and a peach slice.
Stay cool, calm, and collected this summer with these three delicious CBD drinks. Whether you want to relax after a stressful day at work, or if you simply want to kick your favorite summertime beverages up a notch, you’re sure to love these recipes.