These days, it seems like cannabidiol oil (CBD) is everywhere. It’s trending in every industry, from beauty to self-care. It can be easy to see it as just a fad, but the fact is, CBD has a lot of benefits. While it may have been a niche product for a long time, it’s now being used by everyone, from busy entrepreneurs to busy moms. It’s showing up everywhere in the news, and as the CBD industry grows, it’s becoming a larger part of our economy. The taboos around it, because it’s a marijuana-based product, aren’t even there anymore.
You might be considering using CBD, or maybe you’re looking for ways to use it in other ways. Whatever your reason, we’ve put together a list of reasons why you should be using this awesome product.
1. Pain managementOne of the best benefits you get from taking CBD is pain management. It’s not a surprise, considering that marijuana legalization began in large part for medical uses (such as treating suffering from cancer). With CBD, you have the added plus that it doesn’t get you high, which means that you can medicate for pain without feeling out of it at work or at home. Whether you’ve just had a sports injury or you’re a senior suffering from arthritis, CBD is a solution that can work much better than the pain relievers you’ve been using up until now.
Already in 2018, the total of CBD consumer sales was $512.7 million, so why not join those consumers and use CBD for your pain management?
2. Treatment of childhood seizuresAccording to Harvard Health Publishing, the strongest scientific evidence of CBD being beneficial is its potential to treat “some of the cruelest childhood seizures, such as Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS), which typically don’t respond to anti-seizure medications.” We don’t often hear about this incredible use of CBD, which is why we’ve included it on this list.
Considering this, it’s no surprise that nearly half of people who use cannabidiol products stop taking traditional medicines.
3. Anxiety treatmentMany people who use CBD swear by how effective it is at treating anxiety. Whether you’re suffering from an anxiety disorder or get nervous before flying, you can take CBD and immediately feel yourself relax. If you’re anxious about starting CBD use (what anxious person wouldn’t be?) feel free to talk to your doctor to learn about how to use CBD properly as a beginner. Verma Farms also sells drops specifically for chilling out, which might be of interest to you.
4. Skin treatmentMany beauty industry companies are using CBD in their new products, and it’s no surprise this is happening. After all, a study published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation found that CBD oil inhibited the production of sebum in the sebaceous glands in the skin. To put it simply for our readers who aren’t professional dermatologists, this means that skin treated with CBD oil is less likely to produce acne.
It’s no surprise, considering all these uses, that the CBD market will hit $22 billion by 2022.
5. Depression treatmentAnother great mental health benefit of taking CBD is depression treatment. So if you’re a sufferer of depression, it might be a great solution for you. According to Healthline:
“Anxiety and depression are usually treated with pharmaceutical drugs, which can cause a number of side effects including drowsiness, agitation, insomnia, sexual dysfunction, and headache. What’s more, medications like benzodiazepines can be addictive and may lead to substance abuse. CBD oil has shown promise as a treatment for both depression and anxiety, leading many who live with these disorders to become interested in this natural approach.”
Of course, we’re not recommending you go straight to CBD. Talk to a medical professional and your therapist first to see if this is something that might work for you. You’re sure to find a treatment that works for you, considering that 300 million people around the world have depression.
6. It helps you sleepFinally, CBD helps you sleep. Because it makes you less stressed and more relaxed, having a few drops in your chamomile tea at the end of a busy day can help you with getting shut-eye. Already, the US Hemp Industry grew to $820mm in sales in 2017, so it’s no surprise that CBD is growing fast with its many uses, too.
These are some of the best benefits of CBD--and why you need to start using it now. By trying out some of these benefits, CBD will change your everyday life for the better.
Have you taken CBD for anything? How did it improve your problems?